Dundee Womens Club
Founded in 1913 by a small group of women in the community, the Dundee Woman’s Club (DWC) was established to provide a social, cultural, and civic outlet for residents. From the beginning, the club has been a center- point in Dundee for fund-raising projects for fireman's needs, Boy and Girl Scouts of America, support for the WWI, WWII, Vietnam, and current war's service personnel and veterans, as well as other benevolent organizations.
The community center was built by funds raised by the DWC and continues to be owned by them. It was dedicated in 1915 at a cost of $3500. Over the years, many community gatherings have taken place there including dinners, sports events, dances, plays, carnivals, lectures, and civic meetings as well as private functions such as weddings, anniversaries, and reunions. Events continue to take place there, even though the building is in great need of repair. The Yamhill County Historical Society recognizes the building for its contribution to the community and for its uniqueness. The building is also on the National Historic Register.
Regular DWC meetings are held September through May, at 1:00 p.m., on the first Thursday of the month. Membership is open to all women in the community. Annual dues are $5.00. Each month a different program is presented including artistic projects, health matters and the history of our area.
Many Dundee residents have recently expressed an interest in learning more about the heritage and history of the area. Thus, a Heritage and History Committee was formed in 2010 for those who wish to obtain more depth in this